Matthew D. Provencher
Location : Providence, RI
Matt is an associate attorney is the areas of Medical Negligence, Products Liability, and Catastrophic Injury.
Matt received his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Sociology from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, and graduated magna cum laude from Roger Williams University School of Law. He represents clients in both state and federal courts.
Before joining DeLuca & Weizenbaum, Matt served as a law clerk in both the Rhode Island and Massachusetts Superior Courts. While in law school, he interned in the chambers of the Honorable O. Rogeriee Thompson of the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit and the Honorable Paul Suttell of the Rhode Island Supreme Court. He was a Notes and Comments Editor of the Roger Williams University Law Review and a member of the Moot Court Board.
Matt is a member of the Rhode Island Bar Association and the Rhode Island Association for Justice.
Matt is admitted to the bar in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. He is also admitted to the United States District Courts for the Districts of Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
- Roger Williams University School of Law, Bristol, Rhode Island
- J.D. - 2015
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Interned Chambers, Honorable O. Rogeriee Thompson
- Honors: Notes and Comments Editor, Roger Williams University Law Review
- Honors: Member, Moot Court Board.
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- B.A. - 2011
- Major: Political Science & Sociology
- Rhode Island Superior Court, Law Clerk
- Massachusetts Superior Court, Law Clerk
- Rhode Island Bar Association, Member
- Rhode Island Association for Justice, Member
Current Employment Position
- Medical Negligence
- Products Liability
- Catastrophic Injury
- Rhode Island, 2015
- Massachusetts, 2015
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 2017
- U.S. District Court District of Rhode Island, 2018